What are jobs and traineeships under the European Solidarity Corps?
The European Solidarity Corps provides an employment opportunity or a work practice to young people who wish to enhance their skills and experience. Jobs and traineeships will help young people to gain experience and develop competences useful for the personal, educational, civic, social and professional development.
Traineeships and jobs can take place in a broad range of areas such as environmental protection, climate change mitigation, greater social inclusion…
Traineeships and jobs cannot be part of cirricula in formal education, vocational education and training systems and activities for emergency response.
Full-time employment of between 3 to 12 months remunarated by the organisation.
This experience includes a learning and training component.
Employment will be based on a written employment contract. (in line with national law and regulations)
Full-time work practice of between 2 to 6 months remunarated by the organisation.
This experience includes a learning and training component and will help the participant gain relevant experience with a view to developing competences useful for the personal, educational, civic, social and professional development.
Traineeship will be based on a written traineeship contract. (in line with national law and regulations)
Traineeships and jobs can take place:
- Cross border (i.e. activities taking place in a country different from the country of origin of the participant/s; or
- In-country (i.e. activities taking place in the same country as the country of residence of the participant).
What are the benefits of being trainee or employee under the European Solidarity Corps?
- Travel cost
- Inclusion Support for young people with fewer opportunities.
- You will receive % 80 of the Relocation Allowance at the beginning of their experience.
- Either Online Linguistic Support or language classes
- If needed, visa and visa related costs, residence permits and vaccinations