What is Volunteering under the European Solidarity Corps?
Volunteering is an unpaid solidarity activity for a duration of two to twelve months. It provides young people with the opportunity to contribute to the daily work of organisations in solidarity activities to the ultimate benefit of the communities.
Volunteering can take place in a broad range areas, such as environmental protection, climate change mitigation and greater social inclusion however they cannot be part of cirricula in formal education, vocational education and training systems and activities for emergency response.
Activities are open to all young people, including people with fewer opportunities.
Projects have two different types;
Full-time unpaid solidarity activity of between 2 to 12 months.
This experience includes a non-formal and informal learning component and will help the participant gain relevant experience with a view to developing competences useful for the personal, educational, civic, social and professional development..
Volunteering will be based on a volunteering agreement.
Individual volunteering can take place:
- Cross border (i.e. activities taking place in a country different from the country of origin of the participant/s; or
- In-country (i.e. activities taking place in the same country as the country of residence of the participant).
If you do not feel comfortable or ready to embark into challenging experiences on your own or if you cannot commit for a long period of time because of your studies or jobs but still want to help the community, you can try to join a volunteering team.
Carry out tasks for a project over a short period of time; 2 weeks to 2 months.
Teams of 10 to 40 participants coming from at least two different countries.
What are the benefits of being a volunteer under the European Solidarity Corps?
- Travel cost
- Inclusion Support for young people with fewer opportunities.
- Accommodation, local transport and food allowance
- Pocket Money
- Linguistic Support
- If needed, visa and visa related costs, insurance, residence permits and vaccinations will be covered.